As we pulled into our driveway at Camp tonight after work, Colin was the first to spot the beautiful rainbow shining brilliantly over the lake. Colin loves rainbows, and still clearly remembers when he saw his first one. He was about 2 1/2 years old at the time, the same age that Owen is now.
“Look Mommy! A rainbow! A rainbow!”
“Yes, I see it! It’s pretty.”
“God must give rainbow surprises to little boys who had a good first day of school.”
A few days later with the rainbow still on his mind, Colin asked if we could do a rainbow craft.
- cotton balls
- light blue construction paper
- white construction paper
- acrylic paint (red, orange, yellow, green and blue)
1) Draw a simple rainbow with crayons on the white paper to use as a guide.
2) Dip cotton balls into acrylic paint and place them onto the matching color.
3) Continue placing paint coated cotton balls onto the paper until the rainbow is complete.