Materials and Instructions for Apple Suncatchers
- Clear contact paper
- Autumn leaves
- Double sided tape
1. Collect colorful falling leaves from outside. Show your child how to catch them in their bucket as they float through the air.
3. Place the leaves on the sticky contact paper. We placed brown leaves on the top of the contact paper (to create stems) and put the bright leaves underneath. We used fresh wintergreen leaves for the leaves of our apples.
4. Cut the contact paper into the shape of an apple (it helps to draw one on white paper first to use as a guide). Colin and Owen had a difficult time cutting through the leaves, so I did this part for them.
5. Reinforce any part that is not sticking with double-sided tape.
6. Tape the apples onto the windows of your home and enjoy the sun streaming in through the leaves.