Healthy Peanut Butter Balls adapted from Alida’s Kitchen
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 TBSP agave nectar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 TBSP wheat germ
- 1 TBSP ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 TSP cinnamon
- seasonal candy sprinkles (optional)
1. Simply mix all of the ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
2. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet. If desired, roll into a ball. I use a cookie scoop and simply drop the balls onto the wax paper without touching them with my hands.
3. If desired, dip the top of each peanut butter ball in a bowl of seasonal candy sprinkles. I like to do this because they add a little color and make them seem more like a treat!
4. Eat and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator, as this snack is best chilled.
NOTE: For smaller children (or children who often shovel large amounts of food into their mouth at once), cut the peanut butter ball in half and serve one at a time. Peanut butter can cause choking because of the sticky and thick texture.