1. Purchase wooden hearts (A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby).
2. Paint 1 side of every heart pink.
3. Paint the other sides of the hearts in a candy heart color (two of each color to create pairs).
4. Using a thin paintbrush dipped in red or hot pink paint, or a fine-tipped paint marker, paint/write the classic candy heart messages on each heart.
5. Seal with clear acrylic spray.
The rules are the same as regular memory! Place all of the wooden hearts down so that the pink side is facing up. The youngest player goes first by flipping over 2 hearts. If they are match, keep them! If they are not a match, flip them back over and let the next player have a go.
A drawstring bag (from the wedding section of any craft store), provides easy storage and lovely gift presentation if you are giving the game away as a Valentine.