Last week, the boys were happy to discover that their toy dinosaurs were back “in rotation.” Since then, we’ve enjoyed several dinosaur focused crafts and activities. The one that I’m sharing today engaged them for TWO HOURS STRAIGHT. Yes, that’s right. They played dinosaur land for two hours. You can imagine all of the things that I accomplished that afternoon!
- ground coffee
- a tray or cake pan
- plants (we used Lego Duplo plants)
- brown playdough
- The word dinosaur means “terrible lizard.”
- Many dinosaurs had plates, spikes, or horns for protection against carnivores.
- Paleontologists are scientists who study dinosaurs.
- Birds descended from dinosaurs.
Tomorrow we are going to spend some time make believing that we are Paleontologists. I can’t wait to share what I have in store!
National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Dinosaurs by Catherine D. Hughes
All Aboard the DInotrain by Deb Lund
Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff
You might also like:
This Post Has Been Featured: