One of my favorite things about spring (besides the flowers, warm air, green grass, and blue skies!) is the birth of new life!
I get excited when I discover a bird’s nest filled with beautifully speckled eggs, or part of a cracked shell lying on the forest floor. Nests are amazingly crafted homes. I love setting out yarn and fabric scraps, and my dog’s fur near the bird feeders and spying on the birds that take it for spring nesting!
These cookies, commonly known as “Haystacks” are given a spring-like twist when decorated with creamy, Cadbury Mini Eggs.
Bird’s Nest Cookies
- 1 bag of Chow Mein noodles
- 1 bag of butterscotch chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs
- muffin tin and paper/silicone liners
1. Melt the peanut butter and butterscotch chips together in the microwave or over low heat.
2. Stir in the Chow Mein noodles.
3. Scoop the mixture into a lined cupcake tin (using a cupcake tin helps the cookie keep it’s nest-like shape until it is cool).
4. Place 3 eggs into every nest. Put the cookies in a cool location to harden.
What’s your favorite thing about spring?
Make a connection with children’s literature:
Birds, Nests & Eggs (Take Along Guides) by Mel Boring
The Happy Egg by Ruth Krauss
The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman