Five years ago, our yellow dog was the center of our world! We still love him to pieces, but he definitely doesn’t get as much attention and appreciation as he used to. From time to time, I like to surprise him with special homemade treats, like this Doggie Fro Yo!
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 over-ripe, very sweet banana
- small dog biscuits
- small paper cups (I had some leftover cups from Dunkin’ Donuts)
1. Mix all of the ingredients together.
2. Scoop the yogurt mixture into the paper cups.
3. Place a dog biscuit into every cup.
4. Freeze the Doggie Fro Yo cups completely. When you are ready to serve them to your furry friend, simply peel away the paper. (This treat can be messy. It is best served outside!)
The only problem with making these treats is that your dog will come running EVERY TIME he hears the freezer door open! I don’t really mind though; it feels good to make him happy!
* * *