My Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola wasn’t supposed to be like this.
It was supposed to be firm, yet chewy. Sliced into bars. Wrapped up and ready for after preschool snack time. Sort of like this.
But, sometimes things don’t turn out the way you think they should; they turn out even better.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter
- 3 TBSP wheat germ
- 3 TBSP mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Stir the oats and rice cereal together.
2. Melt the brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter together in a saucepan over medium heat..
3. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal mixture. Mix it well. When the granola cools, fold the chocolate chips into the mixture.
4. Store the granola in an air-tight container or bag.
Colin and Owen really enjoy this granola for breakfast over yogurt, parfait style!
And I don’t mind giving it to them. It’s delicious, quick, healthy, and filling.
You might also like:
* * *