With Renaissance Faire fever blowing through our home this week, I have a feeling that this is just the first of many medieval-themed crafts and activities coming up in the next few weeks!
I thought it would be fun for Owen to wake up and find that his Teddy Bear had turned into a knight, overnight! Here’s how to do it for just $1.00!
- Teddy Bear
- scrap string, rope, or yarn
- 1 mesh/microfiber scrub cloth (The Dollar Tree)
1. Fold the scrub cloth in half horizontally. Cut out a semi-circle on the folded side (this will be the head opening) and trim the sides. The finished product should look like this:
3. Invite your child to draw a sword and a shield on the cardboard that the scrub cloth was attached to. Tape the shield to the bear’s paw and slide the sword into the bear’s rope.
4. Using the excess cloth that was trimmed off in Step 1, create a mask for the bear.
5. Play and enjoy!
Owen was so happy that his bear was a knight. He really enjoyed designing the shield and sword all by himself.
* * *